Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2007/03/01 15:24:43 UTC

Re: Implementing a series of transformations

Schmitz, Jeffrey A napisał(a):
> Hello,
>    I've been struggling with the following scenario for some time and
> thought it was time to post.  Basically, I need to be able to perform
> the following types of translations, in the order specified, all with
> one pipeline, and I can't figure out how to do it using Cocoon:
>
> 1.  Transform an existing XML File using XSLT
> 2.  Transform the result of step one using an XSP (i.e. Java code) that
> produces new XML.
> 3.  Transform result of Step 2 using two more XSLT scripts
> 4.  Use the result of step 3 in another XSP

What your XSP pages really perform? I see that you want to use them as
trasnformers but XSP files can be used in generators. How would you make
use of xml generated by Cocoon's pipeline in your XML?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

RE: Implementing a series of transformations

Posted by "Schmitz, Jeffrey A" <Je...@boeing.com>.
Yeah, I think you've hit on the realization I hit on this morning (thus my recent posting).  What I really need to implement is a custom tranformer instead of a logic sheet.  That's what I'm working on right now.  Any examples you could provide?

The xml I'm generating will be fed into an xslt tranform.  And actually, I need to feed the result of an xslt transform into my transformer, thus I think implementing a custom tranformer (and not a xsp or custom generator) is going to be required.  Right?

Thanks,
Jeff