Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/07/08 09:12:55 UTC

Javadocs fails

Gang,
The Jenkins build doesn't seem to run with Javadocs generation, and when I
do that locally it fails;

C:\Users\hedmann\dev\qi4j\extensions\indexing-solr\src\main\java\org\qi4j\index\solr\internal\SingleTokenTokenizer.java:40:
error: cannot find symbol
   public SingleTokenTokenizer( AttributeFactory factory, Reader in )
                                ^
  symbol:   class AttributeFactory
  location: class SingleTokenTokenizer

For some reason it can't find a inner class that the compiler has no
problem with.

First I thought that perhaps the explicit import was required, but that
simply gave me;

C:\Users\hedmann\dev\qi4j\extensions\indexing-solr\src\main\java\org\qi4j\index\solr\internal\SingleTokenTokenizer.java:23:
error: cannot find symbol
import org.apache.lucene.util.AttributeSource.AttributeFactory;

  symbol:   class AttributeFactory
  location: class AttributeSource
 ^

Does anyone has any idea of what could be going on here, and what to do to
overcome it??

Ticket created; https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEST-44

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Javadocs fails

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Mystery around this continues, though;
>
> I ran out of PermGenSize on Scala plugin, so I increased that to "320M",
> and then this happened in the javadocs;
>

> :javadocs
> C:\Users\hedmann\dev\qi4j\extensions\indexing-solr\src\main\java\org\qi4j\index\solr\internal\SingleTokenTokenizer.java:23:
> error: cannot find symbol
> import org.apache.lucene.util.AttributeSource.AttributeFactory;  //
> required by Javadocs!!!
>                                              ^
>   symbol:   class AttributeFactory
>   location: class AttributeSource
> C:\Users\hedmann\dev\qi4j\extensions\indexing-solr\src\main\java\org\qi4j\index\solr\internal\SingleTokenTokenizer.java:40:
> error: cannot find symbol
>    public SingleTokenTokenizer( AttributeFactory factory, Reader in )
>                                 ^
>   symbol:   class AttributeFactory
>   location: class SingleTokenTokenizer
> #
> # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000002892a62,
> pid=3696, tid=7668
> #
> # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_75-b13) (build
> 1.7.0_75-b13)
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.75-b04 mixed mode
> windows-amd64 compressed oops)
> # Problematic frame:
> # J 258 C2 com.sun.tools.javac.util.Convert.utf2chars([BI[CII)I (135 bytes)
> @ 0x0000000002892a62 [0x00000000028928e0+0x182]
> #
> # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client
> versions of Windows
> #
>
> ed as:
> # C:\Users\hedmann\dev\qi4j\hs_err_pid3696.log
>
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

Wow! This is getting serious.

It seems to me that the incriminated constructor is unused and could be
removed.
I know this is not a proper fix but it would get us out of trouble.

Re: Javadocs fails

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Oh... There was magic;
   1. JAVA_HOME is used to find that.
   2. It is still an ERROR on JDK 1.7, but the build doesn't stop. I guess
it is about Exit Code from javadoc executable that changed.

Mystery solved.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Javadocs fails