Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Brian Dupras <br...@centera.com> on 2000/01/25 19:16:16 UTC

Merge multiple XML Docs into one XML Doc

OK - this should be an easy one, but so far I've yet to find a definitive
answer.

I have a system where I'm given multiple XML DOM Documents that I need to
process and merge into a single DOM Document.  The known portions of the
input Documents get processed, while the unknown portions need to be copied
over directly.

The question is, how do I properly insert entire nodes (and their childeren)
from one document to another?  Do I have to write my own recursive copy
routine?

I'm free to use either the DOM functions, or XSLT.

Brian

Given as DOM Documents:
	<doc1>
		<foo>