Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ephraim Anierobi <ep...@apache.org> on 2023/12/13 19:56:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Airflow 2.8.0 from 2.8.0rc3

Hey fellow Airflowers,

I have cut Airflow 2.8.0rc3. This email is calling a vote on the release,
which will last at least 40 hours (accelerated voting), from Wednesday,
December 13, 2023, at 8:00 pm UTC
until Friday, December 15, 2023, at 12:00 pm UTC
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=8&iso=20231215T1200&p1=1440>,
and until 3 binding +1 votes have been received.

Consider this my (binding) +1.

Airflow 2.8.0rc3 is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airflow/2.8.0rc3/

*apache-airflow-2.8.0-source.tar.gz* is a source release that comes with
INSTALL instructions.
*apache-airflow-2.8.0.tar.gz* is the binary Python "sdist" release.
*apache_airflow-2.8.0-py3-none-any.whl* is the binary Python wheel "binary"
release.

Public keys are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/KEYS

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but all members of the community
are encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

The test procedure for PMC members is described in:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/dev/README_RELEASE_AIRFLOW.md\#verify-the-release-candidate-by-pmc-members

The test procedure for and Contributors who would like to test this RC is
described in:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/dev/README_RELEASE_AIRFLOW.md\#verify-the-release-candidate-by-contributors

Please note that the version number excludes the `rcX` string, so it's now
simply 2.8.0. This will allow us to rename the artifact without modifying
the artifact checksums when we actually release.

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/2.8.0rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.rst

Changes since 2.8.0rc2:

*Bugs*:
Improve handling of backwards compat for airflow.io (#36199)

Cheers,
Ephraim

Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 2.8.0 from 2.8.0rc3

Posted by Ephraim Anierobi <ep...@apache.org>.
Hello fellow Airflowers,

A bug was found in rc3 that'll necessitate an rc4. I'm canceling this vote
and will create 2.8.0rc4 once the issue is resolved.
You can follow the discussion at
https://lists.apache.org/thread/dy3fgwhoc5m2f3tpqkwqcytrs6nhjlc4

Regards,
-Ephraim