Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2012/11/08 23:15:52 UTC

Re: release:branch (and git)

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-615: release:branch and
release:perform overwrites existing branch/version
This is a serious issue when branching from a tag.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/examples/branch.html
says:
"By default, the POM in the new branch keeps the same version as the local
working copy, and the local POM is incremented to the next revision."
I think we need to improve this: only when branching from trunk this
should be the default, not when branching from tag or branch.

Robert