Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <rm...@shaw.ca> on 2003/11/18 09:52:19 UTC

[users@httpd] 403 forbidden

 403 forbidden you do not have access to / on this server that is all i
can get what is up?  I played around with the permissions to try and get
things to work but to no avial please help.  I ahve set up apache before
and remember not remebering how to fix this for some reason. I think
mostly it is the fact that i am stupid

please help my site has been down for days

Re: [users@httpd] 403 forbidden

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

>  403 forbidden you do not have access to / on this server that is all i
> can get what is up?  I played around with the permissions to try and get
> things to work but to no avial please help.  I ahve set up apache before
> and remember not remebering how to fix this for some reason. I think
> mostly it is the fact that i am stupid
>
> please help my site has been down for days

In addition to what Owen said, be sure to check the error log.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#forbidden

Joshua.