Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by pa...@kahosl.be on 2005/08/29 09:45:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Errors using ldap

Hi list-members,

for a while I'm looking for a way to use ldap on my apache 2.0.54. My OS
is a Windows 2000 server.
I've first tried it with the built-in .so module. I've put the
LoadModule code in my httpd.conf file.
Result: during a restart the apache server won't start anymore. The
errormessage in my Windows event viewer:

* Can't locate API module structure ldap_auth_module in file C:/Program
Files/../modules/mod_auth_ldap.so
* Syntax error on line 145 (the line where the LoadModule is situated)

Then I've tried it with a downloaded .dll. This one I've also saved in
the folder modules. I've changed the line in my config file to
mod_auth_ldap.dll. Now I get this error message:

*service terminated with server specific error 1 (this means port 80 is
already in use)

Does someone know what I can do about this?

Thank you very much

Pamela

Re: [users@httpd] Errors using ldap

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
pamela.kalle@kahosl.be wrote:
> Hi list-members,
>
> for a while I'm looking for a way to use ldap on my apache 2.0.54. My OS
> is a Windows 2000 server.
> I've first tried it with the built-in .so module. I've put the
> LoadModule code in my httpd.conf file.
> Result: during a restart the apache server won't start anymore. The
> errormessage in my Windows event viewer:
>
> * Can't locate API module structure ldap_auth_module in file C:/Program
> Files/../modules/mod_auth_ldap.so
> * Syntax error on line 145 (the line where the LoadModule is situated)

That's because mod_auth_ldap.so uses some functions inside of the
mod_ldap.so, so you have to load mod_ldap, and then mod_auth_ldap.

> *service terminated with server specific error 1 (this means port 80 is
> already in use)
>
> Does someone know what I can do about this?

Yes, make sure Apache is not running already (the task manager would
show 'Apache' or 'httpd' running), and if not, then you will have to
disable IIS.

If you want IIS and Apache both running, you need to change either
Apache or IIS to run on a different port.  If you want to run them on
two different adapters using the same port number, you have to set up
IIS to start after Apache, because IIS does something really horrid and
tries to listen on 0.0.0.0:{port} before it finally settles on listening
to the configured n.n.n.n:port you configure.

Bill