Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2007/08/15 01:20:03 UTC

Unenhanced bugs

I finally got bug reports and tests for the unenhanced issues I found:

OPENJPA-314 Unenhanced complex id in MappedSuperclass causes NPE
OPENJPA-315 Unenhanced generated id field of a primitive wrapper type
causes NPE
OPENJPA-316 Unenhanced OneToMany collection not loaded

I the first one will be trivial to fix.  I tried to fix it but
ClassMetaData has like 20 fields and I didn't know weather to update
the getField(int) method or the fields it searches.  The other two
bugs may be a bit harder to fix, but I think the first one is
critical to fix before 1.0 ships.  If you have a generated primitive
field, the code just automatically defaults it to 0 which could cause
data corruption.  The third bug causes OneToMany fields to be null
which is unlikely to cause corruption but it is still possible.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

-dain