Posted to users@camel.apache.org by anish <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/20 16:35:21 UTC

synchronizing multiple processes in a camel route

How can we synchronize the processes in a camel route? I want to execute all
the processes defined in a camel route to get executed in a single shot.

In the below camel route, I want to execute the processes
"msgConvertorSingle" and "smsBO" get executed in a single unit of work. I
dont want a different thread executing the same when one is doing its job.
How can we achieve this?

 <camel:route id="SinglelineRouteConvertor">
            <camel:from uri="direct:msgConvertorSingle" />
            <camel:process ref="msgConvertorSingle" />
            <camel:process ref="smsBO" />
            <camel:log message="Saved Message Order is---->${body}" />
        </camel:route>

Re: synchronizing multiple processes in a camel route

Posted by contactreji <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yea as others mentioned its sync unless u use EIPS like multicast, inOnly
MEPs etc.

Message contents stored in out body of one processor automatically becomes
the input for the next processor. Its a chained ececution style.

Cheers
Reji

-----
Reji Mathews
Sr. Developer - Middleware Integration / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB )
LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a
Twitter - reji_mathews

Re: synchronizing multiple processes in a camel route

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Until you explicitly define the message flow as parallel (using for example
Threads DSL [1]) the processing will be sequential. So you don't have to do
anything to achieve what you want :) .

Laters!

[1] http://camel.apache.org/async.html

pon., 20.04.2015 o 19:24 użytkownik Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>