Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by victory <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/18 11:37:04 UTC

2.7.2 release plan

Hello everyone,

 I volunteer to take release manager role for 2.7.2 release. This main
feature of 2.7.2 is as follow:

   - Support nacos as register center and config center.
   - Integrate other metrics.
   - Optimize registration way, support to register data by application but
   not single service.
   - Fix some compatible issues with dubbo 2.6.x.

Besides, we also have a quite long list [1] of issues targeted to 2.7.2,
which apparently need to triage to be short enough to meet to code freeze
date, May. 17th. Hopefully we can release 2.7.2 by May. 27th.

Pls. take a look at milestone 2.7.2 [1], and let me know which issues are
must have for this release. We will triage the list soon :)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/milestone/25

--

Best Regard!
cvictory

Re: 2.7.2 release plan

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi, Victory

I noticed you are triagling issues on Github recently, please let us know if you need any help.

>  - Optimize registration way, support to register data by application but
>   not single service.

I just brought a separate discussion on another thread about this topic. It can be a challenge for us to start this task in this release and meet your suggested schedule. But I think it should give a higher priority, draft a proposal ASAP and break it down into sub tasks, then we can decide how far we want to go within this release and revisit the schedule.

> May. 17th. Hopefully we can release 2.7.2 by May. 27th.

Ken

Re: 2.7.2 release plan

Posted by Minxuan Zhuang <z8...@gmail.com>.
I'll take the metrics part.

Re: 2.7.2 release plan

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: 2.7.2 release plan

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 8:02 PM victory <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have fire a pr, please review it.
>
> Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> 于2019年5月28日周二 下午1:55写道:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I check the license compatibility with the script recently introduced,
> > there are 2 issues which need to be addressed:
> >
> >      (BEA licensed) "Java Concurrency in Practice" book annotations
> > (net.jcip:jcip-annotations:1.0 - http://jcip.net/)

I checked the official website http://jcip.net and found in the
javadoc[1], it says that it is actually under the Creative Commons
Attribution License.
According to ASF documentation, it says:

Works under the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) licenses (2.5,
3.0, and 4.0) contain terms related to "Effective Technological
Measures", which may come as a surprise to users. Thus their inclusion
shall be appropriately labelled and only in binary form.

So it is actually falls into category B, which can be included in
binary form. Therefore I think this license issue is fine. There is no
action needed here.

[1] http://jcip.net/annotations/doc/index.html
[2] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5
[3] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-by

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: 2.7.2 release plan

Posted by victory <sh...@gmail.com>.

--

Best Regard!
cvitory

Re: 2.7.2 release plan

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 10:35 AM Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Looks like all are test dependency, so it should be safe to exclude them?
>
> It OK to has a GPL dependancy that’s options, a test dependancy would meet that.

Thanks for the update, since the dependency is never used, it think it
is safer to remove it, and include only if necessary.
What do you think?

--
Best Regards!
Huxing