Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Simon Matic Langford <es...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/11/22 15:47:45 UTC

Ignoring processing instructions

Hi,

I'd like to get jaxme to ignore processing instructions (rather than throw an exception). I can't find anywhere how to do this, any ideas?

The doc I am trying to unmarshall is as follows:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/rest/apiStylesheet.xsl" ?>

</api>

The error I get is:

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: JM_EVENT_PROCESSING_INSTRUCTION: Don't know how to handle processing instructions.
    at org.apache.ws.jaxme.impl.JMUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(JMUnmarshallerImpl.java:97)
    at org.apache.ws.jaxme.impl.JMUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(JMUnmarshallerImpl.java:83)
    at TestGames.main(TestGames.java:50)
Caused by:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: JM_EVENT_PROCESSING_INSTRUCTION: Don't know how to handle processing instructions.
    at org.apache.ws.jaxme.impl.JMUnmarshallerHandlerImpl.handleEvent(JMUnmarshallerHandlerImpl.java:266)
    at org.apache.ws.jaxme.impl.JMUnmarshallerHandlerImpl.validationEvent(JMUnmarshallerHandlerImpl.java:244)
    at org.apache.ws.jaxme.impl.JMUnmarshallerHandlerImpl.processingInstruction(JMUnmarshallerHandlerImpl.java:233)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.processingInstruction(Unknown Source)

I'm happy to extend JMUnmarshallerHandlerImpl to change the behaviour, but I can't see anyway of configuring a different impl and don't want to fork the code.

Simon