Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Rauch, Jochen" <jo...@ibmt.fraunhofer.de> on 2019/07/04 13:34:03 UTC

UnsupportedOperationException from org.apache.flink.shaded.asm6.org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visitNestHostExperimental using Java 11

Hi all,

I have implemented following code snippet with Apache Flink 1.8:
flinkConfiguration.getEnvironment().readTextFile(outputFile.getAbsolutePath(), "ISO-8859-1")
.flatMap(new FlatMapFunction<String, Tuple2<Map<ParameterBean, Object>, Integer>>() {
}) ....

It works fine with Java 8, but using Java 11 I get this error stacktrace:
                at org.apache.flink.shaded.asm6.org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visitNestHostExperimental(ClassVisitor.java:158)
                at org.apache.flink.shaded.asm6.org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(ClassReader.java:541)
                at org.apache.flink.shaded.asm6.org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(ClassReader.java:391)
                at org.apache.flink.api.java.ClosureCleaner.cleanThis0(ClosureCleaner.java:115)
                at org.apache.flink.api.java.ClosureCleaner.clean(ClosureCleaner.java:75)
                at org.apache.flink.api.java.DataSet.clean(DataSet.java:186)
                at org.apache.flink.api.java.DataSet.flatMap(DataSet.java:267)
                at de.idsem.xploit.ief.control.FlinkETLOutputPipeline.execute(FlinkETLOutputPipeline.java:66)

Could you please help with this issue?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Jochen

Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Jochen Rauch
Health Information Systems

Fraunhofer Institute for Biomedical Engineering
Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Weg 1
66280 Sulzbach
Germany

Visit: Ensheimer Str. 48, 66386 St. Ingbert, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)6897/9071-417
email: jochen.rauch@ibmt.fraunhofer.de<ma...@ibmt.fraunhofer.de>
http://www.ibmt.fraunhofer.de

Re: UnsupportedOperationException from org.apache.flink.shaded.asm6.org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visitNestHostExperimental using Java 11

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>.
Hi,

Yes, this is work in progress [1]. It looks like the Java 11 support is targeted for Flink 1.10 which should be released this or the following month.

Piotrek

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10725 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-10725>

Posted by KristoffSC <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,