Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com> on 2000/08/28 21:55:02 UTC

IRC chat agenda - please RSVP!

(yes, I know "please RSVP" is redundant - deal. :))

Here's a suggested agenda for tomorrow's IRC chat.  Comments welcome.

1. Introductions (5 min)
2. Important features - come to some consensus on the "TODO" list (30 min)
3. Prioritization of features - what needs doing first? (15 min)
4. Strategy - how can we best utilize the people and existing code we've got
   to get this stuff done?  Discuss integration plans and people who are
   interested in taking on specific tasks. (20 min)
5. Other stuff - project/website management, documentation, etc. (20 min)

I think this particular discussion should stay focused mostly on the Java
version, although a lot of the areas will naturally overlap onto
C++/Perl/etc.  I'd like to dig into C++ issues, in particular, in a later
chat (maybe in about 2 weeks).

As a reminder, here's the topic list James compiled, from which I think
we'll work towards my agenda items 2-4.

    1. Object Dispatch/Request Handlers - invocation and lifetime issues
    2. Full SOAP v1.1 compliance
       a. SOAP:Headers
          - mustUnderstand
          - actors (SOAP Intermediaries)
       b. Multiref (id & href)
    3. SOAP Extension Framework - extensible API for layering application
       services into SOAP applications
    4. Service Description Languages
       a. Common Requirements
       b. Usage Requirements
       c. Preferences
       d. Guidelines for selecting a description language
    5. Modifications To Existing Codebase
       a. Java-SOAP xsi:type requirement
       b. General architecture of Java-SOAP package
    6. C++ Project Coordination
       a. Should the C++ look like the java, or should both be architected
          around the results of topics 1, 2, and 3 above?
       b. Who's doing what?
    7. Apache SOAP Website Issues
       a. Mailing List Archive?
       b. Documentation?
       c. Tutorial?

Hope to "see" you there!

		--Glen

Re: IRC chat agenda - please RSVP!

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
I'm planning on being there! However, I was having trouble connecting
thru our firewall the other day .. hopefully it'll be ok this time.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.