Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ahnf <in...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/08 23:53:55 UTC

user input

Hi,
We just upgrade from ant 1.6 to 1.7 and collecting some user input from a script no longer works

We have a bash script which collects input via <input tasks

<input  message="Choose the client to build? "   addproperty="myProp" />
<input  message="Choose the box to build? "   addproperty="myProp2" />

our bash script works like this

ant targetName << END
param1
param2
END

the
new version of any just seems to ignore this input, before with 1.6.x
it worked. How can I achieve this same functionality in 1.7? or just the ability to send property params to the ant build from my bash script?

Re: user input

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
ahnf wrote:
> Hi,
> We just upgrade from ant 1.6 to 1.7 and collecting some user input from a script no longer works
>
> We have a bash script which collects input via <input tasks
>
> <input  message="Choose the client to build? "   addproperty="myProp" />
> <input  message="Choose the box to build? "   addproperty="myProp2" />
>

> our bash script works like this
>
> ant targetName << END
> param1
> param2
> END
>

> the
> new version of any just seems to ignore this input, before with 1.6.x
> it worked. How can I achieve this same functionality in 1.7? or just the ability to send property params to the ant build from my bash script?

Do it the way you'd do it on the command line

ant targetname -Dmyprop=param1 -Dmyprop2-param2

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/