Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Suherdy Yacob <su...@bluebottle.com> on 2008/01/08 12:57:17 UTC

Help me! got a problem when running nutch in eclipse

hi,
     i want to debug nutch for my final assignment, i debug it with
eclipse. And i got some problem, my nutch succesfully start to crawl but
did'nt fetch anything. when i try to debug to see why this happen i
found the process stop and exit at Fetcher.java at line 114-116 :

if (!input.next(key, datum)) {
     break;                              // at eof, exit
}

thats mean the fetcher didnt fetch anything right? can help me to solve
this problem, i try to solve it but didnt find any clue what happens.

thanks, Suherdy

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2

Re: Help me! got a problem when running nutch in eclipse

Posted by Suherdy <su...@bluebottle.com>.
thanks Martin, you're right, the problem isn't in the code, i forgot to include conf directory to my build path.

thanks, Suherdy

Quoting Martin Kuen <ma...@gmail.com>:

> hi,
>
> can you provide some additional information please?
> What is in the log and on the commandline?
> (pathtonutch/log/hadoop.log) Probably you should try to adjust the
> logging settings (log4j.properties in the conf directory)
> Which plugins are you using (and which are loaded)?
> Does the problem remain if you are not using eclipse - I mean if
> you
> are using an ant build.
>
> I don't think the source of your problem is in the code.
>
> If you need to check if/what/something has been fetched you can
> use
> commands like "readseg" and others . . .
> Have a look: http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/08CommandLineOptions
>

> Cheers,
>
> Martin
>

> On Jan 8, 2008 12:57 PM, Suherdy Yacob <su...@bluebottle.com>
> wrote:
> > hi,
> >      i want to debug nutch for my final assignment, i debug it
> with
> > eclipse. And i got some problem, my nutch succesfully start to
> crawl but
> > did'nt fetch anything. when i try to debug to see why this happen
> > found the process stop and exit at Fetcher.java at line 114-116
> :
> >
> > if (!input.next(key, datum)) {
> >      break;                              // at eof, exit
> > }
> >
> > thats mean the fetcher didnt fetch anything right? can help me to
> solve
> > this problem, i try to solve it but didnt find any clue what
> happens.
> >
> > thanks, Suherdy

> > Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
> > http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2

Free pop3 email with a spam filter.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/5

Re: Help me! got a problem when running nutch in eclipse

Posted by Martin Kuen <ma...@gmail.com>.
hi,

can you provide some additional information please?
What is in the log and on the commandline?
(pathtonutch/log/hadoop.log) Probably you should try to adjust the
logging settings (log4j.properties in the conf directory)
Which plugins are you using (and which are loaded)?
Does the problem remain if you are not using eclipse - I mean if you
are using an ant build.

I don't think the source of your problem is in the code.

If you need to check if/what/something has been fetched you can use
commands like "readseg" and others . . .
Have a look: http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/08CommandLineOptions

Cheers,

Martin

On Jan 8, 2008 12:57 PM, Suherdy Yacob <su...@bluebottle.com> wrote:
> hi,
>      i want to debug nutch for my final assignment, i debug it with
> eclipse. And i got some problem, my nutch succesfully start to crawl but
> did'nt fetch anything. when i try to debug to see why this happen i
> found the process stop and exit at Fetcher.java at line 114-116 :
>
> if (!input.next(key, datum)) {
>      break;                              // at eof, exit
> }
>
> thats mean the fetcher didnt fetch anything right? can help me to solve
> this problem, i try to solve it but didnt find any clue what happens.
>
> thanks, Suherdy

> Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
> http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2

RE: Help me! got a problem when running nutch in eclipse

Posted by ki...@wipro.com.
Which version did u use...?...
Regards
kishore