Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Angelo Lazzari <an...@redtulp.com> on 2015/03/10 10:43:50 UTC

Play video with a Apache Flex web app

Hi all,
we're now committed to create a simple app that should play a sequence of
videos (provided from a web agency) and locally saved on the same computer
where the app is running: the app will be a AIR app installed on a PC
connected to a HD Video (obviously the app won't only play videos but we
have problems just on this part ;) )

Looking for how apache flex can help us in running this videos (
https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fflex.apache.org%2Fasdoc%2Fspark%2Fcomponents%2FmediaClasses%2FDynamicStreamingVideoSource.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGWr2pdxyL3xyDb228T-KJ2GpgBNA
)
 it seems that we cannot run directly the mp4 4k video file but we need to
convert in a flv format?? or something like this?

Is there someone that has already had to play a video on a Flex web app?

Thank you very much
Angelo

RE: Play video with a Apache Flex web app

Posted by Sugan Naicker <Su...@dev-x.co.za>.
Hi,

You can also try "ffmpeg" (http://ffmpeg.org/)

1) Convert on PC via Command Line (Can launch via AIR):
	ffmpeg -i video.avi -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv -s 320x240 video.flv

2) Use PHP to convert on your server :
	https://vexxhost.com/blog/how-to-convertencode-files-to-flv-using-ffmpeg-php/

Regards,

Sugan