Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roshan <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/29 22:57:24 UTC

Benifits by adding nodes to the cluster

Hi All

This may be a silly question, but what kind of benefits we can get by adding
new nodes to the cluster?

Some may be high availability. Any others?

/Roshan

Re: Benifits by adding nodes to the cluster

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
I've not run it myself, but upgrading is part of the design.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by Wei Zhu <wz...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.
1. High availability
2. You can hold much much more data
3. Better performance
4. You can do disaster recovery live-live datacenters (if you configure
cassandra)

Posted by Andrey Ilinykh <ai...@gmail.com>.