Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luis Gois <lg...@despodata.pt> on 2001/01/30 20:33:53 UTC

Clean Page XSP sample and applying multiple XSL stylesheets

    Hi!!

    For using the output provided by an SQL query, I'm trying to call
the XSP Processor for two consecutive XSL files :

        1->static XML
            2->XSL with XSP and SQL query
                3-> XSL with XSP processing query output
                    4-> XSL for HTML formating

    however, cocoon seems to loop indefinetly!!!!
    I can put some code later, for now I just would like some clues
about what might be causing this.

   Thanks in advance!

--
Luis A. Gois
---

Re: Clean Page XSP sample and applying multiple XSL stylesheets

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Luis Gois wrote:

>     Hi!!
>
>     For using the output provided by an SQL query, I'm trying to call
> the XSP Processor for two consecutive XSL files :
>
>         1->static XML
>             2->XSL with XSP and SQL query
>                 3-> XSL with XSP processing query output
>                     4-> XSL for HTML formating
>
>     however, cocoon seems to loop indefinetly!!!!
>     I can put some code later, for now I just would like some clues
> about what might be causing this.

the clean page example is a very bad one, i should really replace it at
some point. what you want to do is

xml file
apply xsp logicsheet to transform your elements into esql elements
apply xsp processor to generate java code and create dynamic xml
apply xslt stylesheet to transform xml into html

there are a number of examples of this paradigm, troll through the mailing
list archives.

- donald