Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/26 01:28:24 UTC

Re: Pre-Commit build is failing

Hi Yetus developers,

We cannot build Hadoop branch-2.7 anymore. Here is a recent example of a
failed build:
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/20409/console

It seems the build is failing because Yetus cannot apply the patch from the
jira.

ERROR: HDFS-11896 does not apply to branch-2.7.

As far as I understand this is Yetus problem. Probably in 0.3.0.
I can apply this patch successfully, but Yetus test-patch.sh script clearly
failed to apply. Cannot say why because Yetus does not report it.
I also ran Hadoop's test-patch.sh script locally and it passed successfully
on branch-2.7.

Could anybody please take a look and help fixing the build.
This would be very helpful for the release (2.7.4) process.

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
-dev@yetus to bcc, since I think this is a Hadoop issue and not a yetus
issue.

Please review/commit HADOOP-14686 (which I am providing as a
volunteer/contributor on the Hadoop project).

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> it is now running.
> > Of course, this build[2] will take some time to run, but at the moment,
> it is running maven install.
> >
> > I am not sure who sets up/ manages the jenkins job of HDFS and dont want
> to change that, but I will keep the dummy job around for a couple of days
> in case anyone wants to see.
> > Also, I see that you'll were using the master branch of Yetus. If there
> is no patch present there that is of importance, then I would recommend to
> use the latest stable release version 0.5.0
> >
> > If you have more questions, feel free to ping dev@yetus.
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > [1]: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build-Suraj-
> Copy/configure
> > [2]: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build-Suraj-
> Copy/12/console
> >
> > -Suraj Acharya
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:57 PM, suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > For anyone looking. I created another job here. [1].
> > Set it with debug to see the issue.
> > The error is being seen here[2].
> > From the looks of it, it looks like, the way the checkout is happening
> is not very clean.
> > I will continue to look at it, but in case anyone wants to jump in.
> >
> > [1] : https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build-Suraj-Copy/
> > [2] : https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build-Suraj-
> Copy/11/console
> >
> > -Suraj Acharya
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Konstantin Shvachko <
> shv.hadoop@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Yetus developers,
> >
> > We cannot build Hadoop branch-2.7 anymore. Here is a recent example of a
> > failed build:
> > https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDFS-Build/20409/console
> >
> > It seems the build is failing because Yetus cannot apply the patch from
> the
> > jira.
> >
> > ERROR: HDFS-11896 does not apply to branch-2.7.
> >
> > As far as I understand this is Yetus problem. Probably in 0.3.0.
> > I can apply this patch successfully, but Yetus test-patch.sh script
> clearly
> > failed to apply. Cannot say why because Yetus does not report it.
> > I also ran Hadoop's test-patch.sh script locally and it passed
> successfully
> > on branch-2.7.
> >
> > Could anybody please take a look and help fixing the build.
> > This would be very helpful for the release (2.7.4) process.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --Konst
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Konstantin Shvachko <
> shv.hadoop@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Or should we backport the entire HADOOP-11917
> > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11917> ?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > --Konst
> > >
> > > On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 6:56 PM, Konstantin Shvachko <

busbey

Re: Pre-Commit build is failing

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>.

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
For anyone looking. I created another job here. [1].
Set it with debug to see the issue.
The error is being seen here[2].
From the looks of it, it looks like, the way the checkout is happening is

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
For anyone looking. I created another job here. [1].
Set it with debug to see the issue.
The error is being seen here[2].
From the looks of it, it looks like, the way the checkout is happening is

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
For anyone looking. I created another job here. [1].
Set it with debug to see the issue.
The error is being seen here[2].
From the looks of it, it looks like, the way the checkout is happening is

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
For anyone looking. I created another job here. [1].
Set it with debug to see the issue.
The error is being seen here[2].
From the looks of it, it looks like, the way the checkout is happening is

Posted by suraj acharya <su...@gmail.com>.
For anyone looking. I created another job here. [1].
Set it with debug to see the issue.
The error is being seen here[2].
From the looks of it, it looks like, the way the checkout is happening is