Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by paddz <pa...@aufwind.cc> on 2012/08/01 08:47:18 UTC

RunNutchInEclipse

Hey Guys,

i am new to Nutch, and I have to get Solr and Nutch (which are already
working, but i need to patch nutch-585) working for a project for my
studies. I am stuck getting Nutch 1.5.1 running in eclipse.
At first am I right that i can't get Nutch 1.5.1 via SVN? If i can't get it
about SVN what version do i have to download? SRC / BIN ?

So next step is creating a new Java Project in Eclipse and as location I
select the SRC/BIN folder, right?

Then i would go on and follow the Tutorial, until i will get stuck at these
2 points

- The only Source folder will be trunk/src > Remove this folder > Add Folder
> expand trunk/src and check src/bin, src/java, src/test &
src/testresources.

-In addition, we must manually add EVERY individual plugin src/java and
src/test folder, although this takes some time it is absolutely essential
that this is done.

Could u please be so kind and explain these 2 points step by step to me?

Or is there a way to patch nutch without using Eclipse? (I would prefer that
solution! If so could u explain it to me?)

Thanks
Patrick

Re: RunNutchInEclipse

Posted by paddz <pa...@aufwind.cc>.
Hi Lewis,

got it working in Eclipse

thanks a lot!!!

Patrick

Re: RunNutchInEclipse

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:47 AM, paddz <pa...@aufwind.cc> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> i am new to Nutch, and I have to get Solr and Nutch (which are already
> working, but i need to patch nutch-585) working for a project for my
> studies. I am stuck getting Nutch 1.5.1 running in eclipse.
> At first am I right that i can't get Nutch 1.5.1 via SVN? If i can't get it
> about SVN what version do i have to download? SRC / BIN ?

If you wish to get it by SVN then you can anonymously check out the
1.5.1 branch from here
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/branch-1.5.1/, I would
however urge you to use trunk which you can get from ../trunk relevant
to the branch directory above. Trunk seems to be stable. Alternatively
if you don't wish to use trunk then use the 1.5.1 src distribution, I
would personally choose it if developing within eclipse.

> So next step is creating a new Java Project in Eclipse and as location I
> select the SRC/BIN folder, right?
>
> Then i would go on and follow the Tutorial, until i will get stuck at these
> 2 points
>
> - The only Source folder will be trunk/src > Remove this folder > Add Folder
>> expand trunk/src and check src/bin, src/java, src/test &
> src/testresources.

Right click on project, navigate to properties, go to Java build path,
remove trunk/src from the source folders tab, then add the other
folders as described.

> -In addition, we must manually add EVERY individual plugin src/java and
> src/test folder, although this takes some time it is absolutely essential
> that this is done.

Well again in the same tab you may (depending on how/which Eclipse
version you are using) need to delve into the plugin/src/java
(plugin/src/test if you wish to runs plugin tests) and src/test
folders. As explained this may need to be done for every plugin so
although it takes a bit of time it is essential to working int he
Eclipse env.

> Or is there a way to patch nutch without using Eclipse? (I would prefer that
> solution! If so could u explain it to me?)

God I wish I had read this first

Just do patch -p0 -i NUTCH_PATH.patch against your local copy of Nutch.

hth
Lewis