Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Voytenko, Dimitry" <DV...@SECTORBASE.COM> on 2000/11/02 08:20:54 UTC

Performance feedback on Xalan J2

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's already time for performance feedbacks, but I have XSLT
stylesheet with pretty big amount of imports (about 12-14). It took not more
than 4 seconds for Xalan J1.1 to transform it with the same XML input. But
J2 takes time more than 10 minutes, so I interrupted it without any result.
So I even don't know if it was going to stop anyway.
Then I rewrote root template to about next view
<xsl:template match="/">
  <H1>It's working</H1>
</xsl:template>

but nothing changed, I was waiting the same time.

I started experimenting and found out next dependancy: I left just 5 imports
and XSLT worked for 20 seconds. Adding any new import to it was taking twice
more time (so for all other 7 (at least) imports it could take 20s * 128 =
43 min). According that it looks like all the time goes to loading imports
or choosing best template for the root node.

If you think it can be usefull I can send stylesheets and XML file that make
this situation

Thanks,

Dmytro E. Voytenko
Software Engineer
Sectorbase.COM

Re: Performance feedback on Xalan J2

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
"Voytenko, Dimitry" wrote:
> If you think it can be usefull I can send stylesheets and XML file that make
> this situation

Dimitry --

I, too, would be very interested in seeing this and helping to track
this problem down.

Gary