Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rolf Schaufelberger <rs...@plusw.de> on 2008/09/17 10:37:07 UTC

Problem setting POST_MAX

Hi,

when I try to set POST_MAX to a higher value I get

Conflicting information.

I've a mod_perl / Mason app with an own hander, starting with
(mod_perl2)

sub handler () :method {
    my $class = shift;
    my $r     = shift;
    my ($app, $return);

    my $args = $ah->request_args( Apache2::Request->new($r),
	POST_MAX => 200 <<20);
}

I've also tried to set it via read_limit()  with the same result.
What's wrong ?

rolf

Re: Problem setting POST_MAX

Posted by Ryan Gies <ry...@livesite.net>.
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:07:24 +0200
Rolf wrote:

> So I have to change this in the source to get a vlaue above 64M? :-(

According to the documentation you can specify the limit in the Apache
configuration, i.e.,

    APREQ2_ReadLimit 100M

I have not had success setting this directive.  Nor does this work:

    $r->add_config(['APREQ2_ReadLimit 100M']);

in a PerlHeaderParserHandler.  If you do have success, please let me
know ;)

----

The Apache2::Request constructor attributes POST_MAX, MAX_BODY, and
READ_LIMIT are all passed to the same libapreq2 method,
apache2_read_limit_set, which, as of version 2.08, has this logic:

    if (ctx->read_limit > bytes && ctx->bytes_read < bytes) {
        ctx->read_limit = bytes;
        return APR_SUCCESS;
    }
    return APREQ_ERROR_MISMATCH;

Where bytes is the value you specified with POST_MAX and
APREQ_ERROR_MISMATCH is "Conflicting information".

Re: Problem setting POST_MAX

Posted by Rolf Schaufelberger <rs...@plusw.de>.

Re: Problem setting POST_MAX

Posted by Ryan Gies <ry...@livesite.net>.