Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/30 10:39:36 UTC

XDoclet plugin.... problem generating wsdl for ejb webservice

hello all,
 i am trying to expose an EJB as a webservice in my app that is using Maven2

what i am trying to do is to generate sources with xdoclet, and then use
wseedoclet to generate wsdl file
and mappings....

At runtime, generation of sources works fine...
generation of ejb jar works partially fine (my ejb tobe exposed as
webservice does not have correct endpoint)..
and wseedoclet doesnot run at all giving this error

here's my pom.xml (only relevant part)

Embedded error: Ambiguous subtask definition for logical name
deploymentdescript
or: xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask and
xdoclet.modules.wsee.WebServices
XmlSubTask

<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>xdoclet-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>generateSources</id>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>xdoclet</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <ejbdoclet
            destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"
            excludedTags="@author,@version">
                <fileset
                    dir="src/main/java"
                    includes="**/*Bean.java" />
                <service-endpoint />
                <entitycmp
destDir="${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet"
/>
                <homeinterface destDir="${project.build.directory
}/generated-sources/xdoclet">
                        <!-- <packagesubstitution packages="session"
                          substituteWith="interfaces" useFirst="  true"/>
-->
                </homeinterface>
                <localinterface destDir="${project.build.directory
}/generated-sources/xdoclet"/>
                <localhomeinterface destDir="${project.build.directory
}/generated-sources/xdoclet"/>
                <remoteinterface destDir="${project.build.directory
}/generated-sources/xdoclet"/>
                <deploymentdescriptor
                        destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory
}/META-INF"/>
                <jboss version="4.0"
                        destDir="${project.build.outputDirectory}/META-INF"
                        dataSource="java:/DefaultDS"
                        datasourceMapping="Hypersonic SQL"
                        createTable="true"
                        removeTable="true"/>
        </ejbdoclet>
          </tasks>
         </configuration>
       </execution>
       <execution>
          <id>generateWsdl</id>
          <phase>process-classes</phase>
          <goals>
             <goal>xdoclet</goal>
          </goals>
          <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <wseedoclet jaxrpcMappingFile="mappings.xml"
                                 wsdlFile="wsdl/service.wsdl"
                                 destDir="target/META-INF" force="true"
verbose="true">
                 <fileset dir="src" includes="**/*Bean.java" />
                 <fileset dir="target" includes="**/*IF.*java" />
                   <!-- <deploymentdescriptor>
                        <configParam name="Name" value="TestService" />
                    </deploymentdescriptor>-->
                   <jaxrpc-mapping/>
                   <wsdl/>
                </wseedoclet>
               </tasks>
           </configuration>
       </execution>

     </executions>
      </plugin>

and here's part of my annotated ejb

/**
 * @ejb.bean
 *        name="TranslationServiceSession"
 *        view-type="service-endpoint"
 *        local-jndi-name="ngen/mw/ejb/TranslationServiceSessionLocalHome"
 *
 * @wsee.port-component name="TranslationServiceIFPort"
 *
 * @ejb.interface service-endpoint-class="
com.waersystems.mw.webservices.TranslationServiceIF"
..

the TranslationServiceIF interface gets generated properly, but the
deployment descriptor is still wrong

<session >
         <description><![CDATA[]]></description>
         <ejb-name>TranslationServiceSession</ejb-name>
         <ejb-class>com.mmistroni.mw.ejb.TranslationServiceSessionBean
</ejb-class>
         <session-type>Stateless</session-type>

can anyone help me out?

thanx and regards
 marco

Re: XDoclet plugin.... problem generating wsdl for ejb webservice

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
Marco Mistroni wrote:
> hello all,
> i am trying to expose an EJB as a webservice in my app that is using
> Maven2
>
> what i am trying to do is to generate sources with xdoclet, and then use
> wseedoclet to generate wsdl file
> and mappings....
>
> At runtime, generation of sources works fine...
> generation of ejb jar works partially fine (my ejb tobe exposed as
> webservice does not have correct endpoint)..
> and wseedoclet doesnot run at all giving this error
>
> here's my pom.xml (only relevant part)
>
> Embedded error: Ambiguous subtask definition for logical name
> deploymentdescript
> or: xdoclet.modules.ejb.dd.EjbDotXmlSubTask and
> xdoclet.modules.wsee.WebServices
> XmlSubTask

Known bugs in xdoclet-plugin and/or xdoclet,
see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-223
and vote :-)

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: [Xdoclet-user] XDoclet plugin.... problem generating wsdl for ejbwebservice

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.