Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Clif Flynt <cl...@cflynt.com> on 2010/11/28 17:00:34 UTC

Modified code/docco

Hi,
  Here's some stuff I've done.  It may amuse some folks, or be
utterly irrelevant.

  form.tcl - This version works with TclOO instead of incr.  It's
working for me, but I've not tested all functions/features.

  cookie.tcl - I added a 'cookie unset' to remove the cookie in
the browser.  This may not matter for most folks, but it simplified
my 'login' screen to be able to wipe a cookie before resetting it.

  cookie.html - Added description of the 'delete' (I think this is
correct) and the new 'unset' subcommand.

  Share and enjoy,
  Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (2nd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..

Re: Modified code/docco

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Hi Clif

thanks for the contribution.

I will apply the patch to cookie.tcl, it looks like it fills a hole in
the cookie management that was left open.

About the TclOO based form.tcl: I presume a discussion should be opened
about how to phase in the support for TclOO. If newer versions of Itcl
can run on the top of TclOO it's only matter of consistently adding the
right compatibility layer that binds with a specific Tcl version (Tcl8.6
I suppose). This would lead us to determine a timeline that eventually
would lead us to dropping Tcl8.5 too.

As a temporary solution for form.tcl:

1) we can temporarily put it in 'contrib'

2) we can add it as package TclOOForm and let it be added to the package
index if Rivet is build with Tcl >= 8.6.

   -- Massimo