Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pablo Lalloni <pl...@afip.gov.ar> on 2004/09/23 17:45:42 UTC

How to override org.apache.tapestry.StringsSource?

We've implemented our own ComponentMessagesSource / ComponentMessages
for getting internationalized messages from the db, but we can't make
Tapestry aware of our new implementations.

We tried to put it on <context-param> in web.xml, also on <init-param>
and it doesn't work.

I remember seeing somewhere how this has to be done, but my searches on
gmane & google returned no useful results.

So, how can I override the ComponentMessagesSource implementation that
Tapestry uses?

--
Pablo I. Lalloni <pl...@afip.gov.ar>
Teléfono +54 (11) 4347-3177

Re: How to override org.apache.tapestry.StringsSource?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Sep 23, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Pablo Lalloni wrote:
> We've implemented our own ComponentMessagesSource / ComponentMessages
> for getting internationalized messages from the db, but we can't make
> Tapestry aware of our new implementations.
>
> We tried to put it on <context-param> in web.xml, also on <init-param>
> and it doesn't work.
>
> I remember seeing somewhere how this has to be done, but my searches on
> gmane & google returned no useful results.
>
> So, how can I override the ComponentMessagesSource implementation that
> Tapestry uses?

Subclass BaseEngine, and hook it in with an <application
engine-class="..."> configuration in your .application file, and then
override getComponentMessagesSource returning your implementation.

	Erik