Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by erik <Ev...@fugro.be> on 2014/06/13 09:10:51 UTC

activemq 5.9.0: openwire more reliable then amqp?

In my current configuration, with activemq 5.9.0 embedded in our tomcat
server application, openwire is more reliable then amqp. We have a
loadtester sending a batch of 100 sequential client requests over a
temporary queue. With amqp enabled request 85 or 86 in the row always fails
to get a response, with openwire enabled the batch always completes fine.
Any thoughts on possible reasons for this?

Re: activemq 5.9.0: openwire more reliable then amqp?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 06/13/2014 03:10 AM, erik wrote:
> In my current configuration, with activemq 5.9.0 embedded in our tomcat
> server application, openwire is more reliable then amqp. We have a
> loadtester sending a batch of 100 sequential client requests over a
> temporary queue. With amqp enabled request 85 or 86 in the row always fails
> to get a response, with openwire enabled the batch always completes fine.
> Any thoughts on possible reasons for this?

Suggest you try with v5.10.0 as we've done a lot of hardening of the
AMQP support.  If you still run into problems the best thing to do is
create a JUnit test that can reproduce the issue and open a Jira issue
to track it.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.