Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Daniel King <D....@mdl.com> on 2002/06/20 00:03:03 UTC

MS Visual SourceSafe

To whom it may concern,

  I have noticed on this list a few people besides myself have had problems
with MS Visual SourceSafe 6.0.  I am having trouble with ANT checking out
labels with MS VIsual SourceSafe 6.0.  I am using ant version 1.4.1 and even
tried the latest nightly build which did not work either.  Here is the error
I am getting.

checkOutcheckIn:
     [echo] Check out files from Visual Source Safe to Source directory
[vsscheckout] $/OMMS:
[vsscheckout] $/OMMS/DOCS:
[vsscheckout] $/OMMS/DOCS/Design Spec:
[vsscheckout] $/OMMS/DOCS/Functional Spec:
[vsscheckout] System Functional Specifications - OMMS Base Software 3.2.03
1.0.doc is pinned to an older version.
[vsscheckout]
[vsscheckout] Unpin this file or perform a rollback before attempting to
check it out.

I do not have the option of performing a rollback.  I also do not have this
file or any file pinned when I look at history and details.  I created a new
project in VSS.  I removed all the vss files from my working directory so
that only my code exists and no other foreign files.  I then added all the
files into my new project.  All the files tell me they are version 1.0.  I
then apply a label to the project and suddenly the files go from version 1.0
to 7.0.  Has anyone else noticed this?  As long as I don't use *LABEL* with
the VSS Checkout I have no trouble checking out everything.  However when I
use a *LABEL* or *VERSION* it tells me either no such version exists or that
files are pinned.  The VSS database I am using is local to my machine.  The
name of the project is OMMS.

Here is the ant code ...
    <vsscheckout
      vsspath="/OMMS"
      serverPath="E:\OMMS\DATABASE"
      ssdir="D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VSS\win32"
      localpath="${source}"
      recursive="true"
      login="delivery,blah"
      label="WHEE"/>

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Thanks,
Daniel -=X=-

Re: MS Visual SourceSafe

Posted by Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>.
On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 18:03, Daniel King wrote:
> [vsscheckout] Unpin this file or perform a rollback before attempting to
> check it out.

Run ant with -debug and you should see the command being executed.

Then paste the command line in a command shell and see what happens.

This will tell you if the problem lies with in Ant, or with your VSS
setup.

--
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442