Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2003/05/14 21:27:34 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/man htpasswd.1

On Wed, 14 May 2003 thommay@apache.org wrote:

> thommay     2003/05/14 12:23:30
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                support  htpasswd.c
>                docs/man htpasswd.1

Oops.  As the comment at the top of docs/man/htpasswd.1 says, you
shouldn't be editting that file directly.  André recently installed a
system to generate the nroff based on the xml in docs/manual/programs/.
If you don't edit in there, the changes will be lost.

Joshua.

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/docs/man htpasswd.1

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* Joshua Slive (joshua@slive.ca) wrote :

> On Wed, 14 May 2003 thommay@apache.org wrote:
>
> > thommay     2003/05/14 12:23:30
> >
> >   Modified:    .        CHANGES
> >                support  htpasswd.c
> >                docs/man htpasswd.1
>
> Oops.  As the comment at the top of docs/man/htpasswd.1 says, you
> shouldn't be editting that file directly.  André recently installed a
> system to generate the nroff based on the xml in docs/manual/programs/.
> If you don't edit in there, the changes will be lost.

buggeration. Ok, I need to update that xml anyway, so I'll do that now.
Thanks for the hint.
-Thom