Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Liu Steve <St...@comverse.com> on 2005/01/07 18:27:42 UTC

How do you configure webDAV

Hello,

Is there documentation on how to configure the HTTP header properties of
files delivered by the WebdavServlet?  The only configuration I could
find for the WebdavServlet are samples with no documentation on all
available param-name, range of param-value valid for each param-name.
Is there documentation which covers this?  Basically, I'd like to set
the cache-control portion of the HTTP property of the file delivered by
the WebdavServlet

Cheers,
Steve

Re: How do you configure webDAV

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Liu Steve wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there documentation on how to configure the HTTP header properties of
> files delivered by the WebdavServlet?

No. But there isn't any functionality within the webDAV servlet to
configure either ;)

> The only configuration I could
> find for the WebdavServlet are samples with no documentation on all
> available param-name, range of param-value valid for each param-name.

The webDAV servlet extends the DefaultServlet. Have a look in
conf/web.xml for config options for the DefaultServlet - they can all be
used with webDAV.

> Is there documentation which covers this?  Basically, I'd like to set
> the cache-control portion of the HTTP property of the file delivered by
> the WebdavServlet

There is nothing in webDAV or the DefaultServlet AFAIK that will let you
configure this.

I think (and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) that you
can use a filter to set the cache-control headers.

Mark