Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com> on 2003/03/12 19:38:36 UTC

RE: Map/HashMap with .NET (was Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/ org/apache/axis/encoding/ser MapDeserializer.java MapSerializer.java)

OK - the serialization is exactly the same, just the schema is a little different.  I can't see this breaking anyone unless they're using really exacting XML mapping tools.  +1 from me.

--Glen

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
I thought that soapenc:* was out of fashion, especially at MSFT, the
land of freedom from encoding. ;-)

I'm pretty certain that it is .. and that means MSFT will change their
mapping to use XSD's array notion (min/maxOccurs) instead at some point.
Given that the SOAPBuilders community didn't agree on standard mappings
for Maps etc, looks like we'll instead be tracking the MSFT definitions.

So in concept I think this is totally fine. In my gut it feels like
the wrong way to do Web services interop (tracking a gorilla), but OTOH
I doubt we have any choice.

Sanjiva.