Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Kevin D'Elia <kd...@comcast.net> on 2004/07/20 16:46:51 UTC

problem running maven allClean allBuild

Hello,

    I have downloaded the jetspeed-2 source from CVS and am trying to
run the maven commands allClean and allBuild.  However, I am having a
problem with my CATALINA_HOME variable.  I am doing the build under
cygwin, and I have tried every possible combination of settings for this
variable (%CATALINA_HOME%, $CATALINA_HOME, ${CATALINA_HOME}), but none
work.  The build succeeds, but it builds a %CATALINA_HOME% or
$CATALINA_HOME directory under the portals directory; ${CATALINA_HOME}
causes the build to fail, as the variable name is not resolved.  I tried
moving the files generated under these directories to the Tomcat
installation directories (conf, shared, and webapps) but nothing
displayed when I ran localhost:8080/jetspeed (no errors reported, just a
blank display when the URL finished loading).  Also, the web.xml looked
for jetspeed-properties.xml, but that was nowhere to be found.

    Any help will be appreciated; I am using Jetspeed 1.5 very happily,
but want to investigate the newer features of 2.

    Thanks in advance to all who help!

    P.S. - there is an error on the documentation page:  should be
${CATALINA_HOME}, not ${CATALINA_HOME}/

    Thanks again!