Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/22 20:18:09 UTC

Executing Drill queries automatically (and reactively)

Has anyone tried, and is there a possible a facility to trigger Drill
queries to recalculate some aggregates statistics if the underlying data
has changed.

My scenario is pretty simple - I use Drill to query directories of files to
mine some statistics out.

Files are arriving at some reasonable frequency, once an hour or even once
a da

I want to implement an event handler that observes these file arriving
"events" and that triggers Drill queries.

Has anyone done anything like this already, and do you have any suggested
approaches, specially if they are Drill-specific.

Thank you,
Edmon

Re: Executing Drill queries automatically (and reactively)

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.
Probably, but have the file watcher as the triggering event for Drill.

Maybe using WatchService.

Should I perhaps propose a future Drill enhancement for this in JIRA?

Posted by "Scott C. Cote" <sc...@me.com>.

Posted by Edmon Begoli <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Ilechko <pi...@maprtech.com>.

--