Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/10/16 16:57:20 UTC

Policy change on the 10.2 branch

Now that 10.2.1 has gone GA, we can relax the policy governing the 10.2
branch. Please feel free to port bug fixes to the 10.2 branch. I think
we should continue to avoid porting new features to 10.2, however. I
would like to aim for a quick vetting cycle for the next release in the
10.2 lineage. That would be 10.2.2, the release which exposes compiled
versions of our JDBC4 drivers soon after Java SE 6 goes GA in early
December.

Regards,
-Rick