Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by rahulsnh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 14:31:25 UTC

How to get transport type during runtime

Hi all,

I'm using axis2 to develop a webservice server methods. One of the methods
is:

*********A simplified logic has been presented in form of code
below************
public RequestLaunchUrlResponseDocument RequestLaunchUrl(
			RequestLaunchUrlDocument requestLaunchUrlDoc){
	/*
	String returnUrl = "hotmail.com";

	if(getTransportReceiverType().equals("https"))
		returnUrl = "https://" + returnUrl;
	else
		returnUrl = "http://" + returnUrl;

	RequestLaunchUrlResponseDocument rLURDoc =
			RequestLaunchUrlResponseDocument.Factory.newInstance();
	RequestLaunchUrlResponse rLUResp =
rLURDoc.addNewRequestLaunchUrlResponse();
	DataShareLaunchUrlReturn rLUResult = rLUResp.setLaunchUrl(returnUrl);
	return rLURDoc;
	*/

}

My problem is how do I write the method getTransportReceiverType() which
returns me the transport type in which the request was received. In other
words, is there a way to figure out the transport-type during runtime.

I'm using code generated using xml-beans for data-binding.
Since this module was developed to be a part of already existing
web-application there exist no axis2.xml for configuration. The requests are
intercepted using AxisServlet which has been added to web.xml

<servlet>
	<servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet</servlet-class>
	<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

Both HTTP and HTTPS requests are allowed.
Please feel free to send me emails if you need clarification.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Rahul Sinha

Re: How to get transport type during runtime

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
try this,

MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getIncomingTransportName();

thanks,
Amila.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:01 PM, rahulsnh <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using axis2 to develop a webservice server methods. One of the methods
> is:

> *********A simplified logic has been presented in form of code
> below************
> public RequestLaunchUrlResponseDocument RequestLaunchUrl(
>                        RequestLaunchUrlDocument requestLaunchUrlDoc){
>        /*
>        String returnUrl = "hotmail.com";
>
>        if(getTransportReceiverType().equals("https"))
>                returnUrl = "https://" + returnUrl;
>        else
>                returnUrl = "http://" + returnUrl;
>
>        RequestLaunchUrlResponseDocument rLURDoc =
>
>  RequestLaunchUrlResponseDocument.Factory.newInstance();
>        RequestLaunchUrlResponse rLUResp =
> rLURDoc.addNewRequestLaunchUrlResponse();
>        DataShareLaunchUrlReturn rLUResult =
> rLUResp.setLaunchUrl(returnUrl);
>        return rLURDoc;
>        */
>
> }
>
> My problem is how do I write the method getTransportReceiverType() which
> returns me the transport type in which the request was received. In other
> words, is there a way to figure out the transport-type during runtime.
>
> I'm using code generated using xml-beans for data-binding.
> Since this module was developed to be a part of already existing
> web-application there exist no axis2.xml for configuration. The requests
> are
> intercepted using AxisServlet which has been added to web.xml
>
> <servlet>
>        <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
>
>  <servlet-class>org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet</servlet-class>
>        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> </servlet>
>
> Both HTTP and HTTPS requests are allowed.
> Please feel free to send me emails if you need clarification.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,
> Rahul Sinha

Amila Suriarachchi