Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2020/02/04 16:42:43 UTC

I recommend renaming the "ignoreCase" DFDL property

Hi Folks,

Suppose that a data format has this separator: sep

Specifying the data format requires us to specify whether the case of the separator matters.

XML Schema is a declarative language. DFDL is also intended to be declarative.

I looked up "ignore" in a dictionary. The dictionary says that "ignore" is a verb.

I assert that declarative languages should avoid verbs.

Instead of "ignoreCase" I believe that "caseSensitive" would be a better name for the property.

caseSensitive :: yes | no

In the next version of Daffodil, can you allow schemas to use "caseSensitive" rather than "ignoreCase" please?

/Roger

Re: I recommend renaming the "ignoreCase" DFDL property

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
I created a DFDL Workgroup tracker for these suggestions:

https://redmine.ogf.org/issues/362