Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jo...@latecoere.fr on 2007/09/21 13:13:18 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL server IP/port conflict

Hello,

 I have this error after setup 2 virtualhost  based on the same IP :
   [Wed Sep 19 16:55:33 2007] [warn] Init: SSL server IP/port conflict:
name1.foo.local:443 (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/name1_https:1) vs.
name2.foo.local:443 (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/name2_https:1)

   I don't really get why there is an error and how I could fix it.
Should I add another IP to the server? Maybe I setup a bad
namevirtualhost somewhere?
   Maybe just an URL could explain me the whole stuff

  Thanks by advance!

"Les informations contenues dans ce message electronique peuvent etre de nature confidentielles et soumises a une obligation de secret. Elles sont destinees a l'usage exclusif du reel destinataire. Si vous n'etes pas le reel destinataire, ou si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire immediatement et de le notifier a son emetteur."

 "The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential. It is intended for the exclusive use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient or if you receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender."

Re: [users@httpd] SSL server IP/port conflict

Posted by "J.M. Castroagudin" <jo...@webfg.com>.
Perhaps this can help you:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts

There are some limitations about SSL and name-based virtualhosts.

It was a shok for me when I read that...

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 21.09.07 16:33, Axel-Stéphane  SMORGRAV wrote: HTTPS and NameVirtualHost
> do not go well together. NVH is based on the Host header. However Apache
> cannot read the Host header before the SSL session has been established.
> But in order to establish the SSL session, Apache needs to know what
> virtual host it is for to determine what certificate to use. This is catch
> 20...
>
> Add another IP to the server.

wildcard certificates can help in some situations, but many ppl don't
recommend them...
"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."

RE: [users@httpd] SSL server IP/port conflict

Posted by Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com>.
HTTPS and NameVirtualHost do not go well together. NVH is based on the Host header. However Apache cannot read the Host header before the SSL session has been established. But in order to establish the SSL session, Apache needs to know what virtual host it is for to determine what certificate to use. This is catch 20...

Add another IP to the server.

-ascs