Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Reuben Garrett <re...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 22:12:41 UTC

iPOJO: identifier uniqueness namespace for @Publishes and @Subscriber

i'm building some components using iPOJO's awesome EventAdmin handlers.
the documentation requires a name attribute for publishers and subscribers,
acting as a "unique identifier".

what is the scope in which the uniqueness is enforced?

if it's just within my bundle, i might choose something short and sweet,
like "mySpecialPublisher".  if it's across all bundles enhanced by iPOJO, i
might choose something more formal, like
"com.mycompany.my.special.publisher".

thanks,
Reuben Garrett

Re: iPOJO: identifier uniqueness namespace for @Publishes and @Subscriber

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It should be globally unique for two reasons:
* it is used as service.pid (which should be unique)
* it's used to compute instance connections (architecture)

Regards,

Clement