Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Satoshi Kobayashi <sa...@stratosphere.co.jp> on 2012/06/20 08:04:45 UTC

How to install System VM template on development environment

Hi

I'm trying to setup CloudStack development environment.
I read this document and it went well.
http://docs.cloudstack.org/Knowledge_Base/How_to_set_up_a_CloudStack_development_environment

Next, I tried to set up the Host (a.k.a Computing Node).
However, it requires a System VM template.
I know that the method is in Install Guide.
But, the script (cloud-install-sys-tmplt) did not go well.

1. The script does not exist in the path of the document.
The script exists in the following path at the document, it is not
installed in development environment.
"/usr/lib64/cloud/agent/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt"

2. The script is dependent on the file which exists in absolute path.
The script is dependent on the following path, it is not installed in
development environment.
"/etc/cloud/management/db.properties"

After some trial, it seems to have succeeded.

1. I'm using the script on the following path.
"scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt"

2. I rewrote absolute path in the script to the following path.
"utils/conf/db.properties"

Is this way right?

Thanks,
Satoshi

Re: How to install System VM template on development environment

Posted by Satoshi Kobayashi <sa...@stratosphere.co.jp>.
Hi Frank

Thank you for your reply.
I understood using three options which you added.

Thanks,
Satoshi

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
Hi: