Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sudarshan Krishnaprasad <su...@northwestern.edu> on 2006/02/17 16:47:01 UTC

Help with JMETER webservices(SOAP) test.

I am trying to test a webservice using JMeter. I have succesfully been able
to test a webservice and got a response. The place where i get stuck is, I
need to get the response from one method in this webservice and send it to
another method to test in the webservice.
Eg:
Login - I successfully got a response.
Search - I need to save the token from the login and do the search. I dont
know how to save the token from the login webservice response and send it
into the search SOAP message.

Can anybody help me overcome this issue?

Regards,
Sudarshan Krishnaprasad

RE: Help with JMETER webservices(SOAP) test.

Posted by Sudarshan Krishnaprasad <su...@northwestern.edu>.
Thanks Peter. I will try, but does not seem feasible.

the current webservice sampler is very basic.  One of the major challenges
with test SOAP is the response is stuck inside some XML, so you'd have to
use Regexp to parse out the value and then use it in a subsequent request.

to do that, make sure memory cache is turned off.  In theory, a variable in
the request soap message "should" get replaced and then sent.

peter

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.