Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com> on 2010/11/08 10:01:22 UTC

Re: Properties in Java DSL

Thanks Claus,

I got this working using
getContext().resolvePropertyPlaceholders("{{key}}"));

However, I could not retrieve the Propeties Object from the context.
When I use this :

        Map<String, String> properties = getContext().getProperties();
        System.out.println("size=" + properties.keySet().size());

The output is always "size=0".

Is there a reason for this ?

Re: Properties in Java DSL

Posted by "Olivier.Roger" <ol...@bsb.com>.
I see,

It explains the results I observed then.
Thanks for the explanation.

Re: Properties in Java DSL

Posted by German O <ge...@gmail.com>.
Ok, and how can I access to a property value, from java code?

Re: Properties in Java DSL

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Olivier.Roger <ol...@bsb.com> wrote:

> Thanks Claus,
>
> I got this working using
> getContext().resolvePropertyPlaceholders("{{key}}"));
>
> However, I could not retrieve the Propeties Object from the context.
> When I use this :
>
>        Map<String, String> properties = getContext().getProperties();
>        System.out.println("size=" + properties.keySet().size());
>
> The output is always "size=0".
>
> Is there a reason for this ?

Yes those 2 features are not related.

The properties placeholders is a Camel component

See the documentation
http://camel.apache.org/properties

Property placeholders is also discussed in the camel book chapter 6

The properties on CamelContext is currently kinda like for system
properties where you can set a few options to control some logging and
charset etc.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com