Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/27 10:54:29 UTC

Re: Request for First AGE Apache Release Review - VOTE

Hi,

It's normal concerns when we are starting to enter into incubating. In the
past few years, I have helped many incubators summarize some experience and
share it with you. Of course, we still need to discuss this problem in the
mail list. hoping that more potential contributors can participate.

For some important product decisions, it must happen in the mailing list.
Resolutions that are not contained in emails are invalid by default. I
understand that current developers may be limited to a few of us, but
that's just the moment. If this continues, we will not be able to create
communities, understand the essence of the community over the code, even
have no chance to graduate to a top-level project in ASF.

In addition, I have a personal experience to share with you. if we really
not know how to discuss in the mail list. I suggest that we could start a
discussion on specific issues in Jira or Issues. For example, your issue
cannot be closed if no comments attached. pr cannot be merged if any
comment not happened. Try to make some changes so that more guys could
embrace the community. of course, we could forward the Jira or issues to
the dev mail list before done as I said.

Last but not least, the discussion is the start point of the building
community, you could learn more from the following videos.
[1]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6jyzowaGgU&ab_channel=TheApacheFoundation
[2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtGyfk1gK1A&ab_channel=OpenPlatformforNFV%28OPNFV%29