Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Blumlein,Richard" <Ri...@ColoState.EDU> on 2007/11/15 17:33:35 UTC

Configuring IIS to cooperate with Tomcat running on AIX.

Hello,

We are AIX 5.3 running Tomcat 5.5.20 on AIX.

I am looking into how to setup IIS to cooperate with Tomcat as part of a
single sign on project for a report manager product named Vista Plus. My Vista documentation
gives some information with examples of IIS and Tomcat running on Windows machines.
I have also opened a problem with Vista Plus for additional information.

I have spent much time looking over the docs on the apache web site and doing google searches.
I have also done searches on the archives.

I understand I need to download the isapi_redirect.dll file in binary format or
source to build it yourself.

Various IIS docs on the tomcat web sites mention you can find the dll binary in the win32 directory under
the tomcat connectors area which I do find. Since we are AIX, I do not see any
binary download for it so I would expect you would need to compile your own.

When I look at the Tomcat connector download page it says
Tomcat Connecters (mod_jk_ downloads). From doing research it seems mod_jk
is for the Tomcat to Apache Web Server, not IIS.

All the examples I have found for IIS reference windows boxes, not AIX on
setup procedures and related information.

Please advice on what I might be missing. Is this even supported?

Thank you