Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 07:04:45 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.26.0

FYI, AppVeyor issue has been resolved.
Thanks Julian and Vladimir for your help!

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answer Danny.
If I am not mistaken, CALCITE-2569 and CALCITE-3923 were released with
1.25.0 (not 1.26.0), and were correctly flagged as breaking changes in the
previous release's breaking changes section.

Best,
Ruben

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK,

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Vladimir>Could someone that has recently built a release using the new
gradle-based
Vladimir>process confirm this point?

I developed Gradle-based scripts, and one of the intentions was that no
commits should be made during the release.
No commits required to switch "release-snapshot" versions as well.

In other words, you get Git tree to the way you like it (e.g. update
release notes, fix tests, etc), then you prepare RC and Release
artifacts from exactly the same Git sha.

Vladimir

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.26.0

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answer Stamatis.
Could someone that has recently built a release using the new gradle-based
process confirm this point?

Thanks
Ruben

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.