Posted to builds@apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/06/07 07:52:30 UTC

Jenkins Slave - Flash Player content debugger

Hi,

The Apache SDK uses the mustella testing framework. In order to run tests mustella needs to have the Flash Player content debugger installed.

Links to all flash players here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Link to download content debug player for windows (3rd link under windows)
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_sa_debug_32bit.exe

Is it possible that this can be installed on the Jenkins windows slave?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Jenkins Slave - Flash Player content debugger

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since Flash is intended for systems with a GUI, could this be an issue with I/O?
> It may not be sufficient for the host to support command-line I/O only.

The Windows node is set up for running GUI (like selenium tests), so I
think it should work.

/niklas

Re: Jenkins Slave - Flash Player content debugger

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Since Flash is intended for systems with a GUI, could this be an issue with I/O?
> It may not be sufficient for the host to support command-line I/O only.

Yes the tests are GUI tests, they run swfs and simulate mouse clicks and key presses and compare screen shots. Can we turn the  "interactive" option on for the windows slave or should I be looking at other options to run the tests?

I've disabled the job for now so it doesn't block the queue.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I'm still having an issue with the Apache Flash SDK check in test and the windows slave.
https://builds.apache.org/job/Flex_SDK_checkin_tests/

The tests run the flash content debugger with a swf file and should go through a series screen clicking on basic UI components.

Any change that someone could run the tests while watching the slaves screen and tell me what's going on? It just hangs when run from Jenkins.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> It had the downloaded-from-the-web-thus-evil flag set. Please try again.
:-)

Just tried again and looks like the same result (been running for 5 minutes). The console output (obviously) gives no clues.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Apache SDK uses the mustella testing framework. In order to run tests mustella needs to have the Flash Player content debugger installed.
>
> Links to all flash players here:
> http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
>
> Link to download content debug player for windows (3rd link under windows)
> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_sa_debug_32bit.exe
>
> Is it possible that this can be installed on the Jenkins windows slave?

That doesn't seem like an installer, but rather the executable itself?