Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vicky <vi...@yahoo.co.in> on 2013/11/13 23:52:53 UTC

Tomcat restart utility

All,

 Is there any other tool/utility with which we can do the deployment & tomcat restart like PSI-PROBE.

I'm having issues with PSI-PROBE ,restart functionality is not available over there & following message is coming on restart screen  :-

"This JVM is not controlled by Java Service Wrapper"

Unable to figure out how to fix this

Please suggest

Re: Tomcat restart utility

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Tomcat restart utility

Posted by vicky <vi...@yahoo.co.in>.

Isn't  the tomcat restart is needed in case I need to deploy the war files & manually cleaning the work & temp directories (just to clean the cache)

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Tomcat restart utility

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vicky, et al,

I think the easiest way to give the developers the restart capabilities is
to get them ssh access to the user that is running tomcat.

This is easy, secure and convenient.

regards
Leon

Re: Tomcat restart utility