Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Z W <mp...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/11 00:20:25 UTC

Newbie Question - log file location

Hi

Whenever JMeter runs, it creates a log file which I believe contains
the messaging between JMeter and the test target/server.
Where on the JMeter GUI shows the path to the saved JMeter file location ?
If not, how does one create a JMeter log file that would contain the
actual messaging between JMEter and the test target/server ?
For example, I like to capture the actual SMTP messaging or IMAP
messaging between JMEter and the test target/server.

Advance thanks

Re: Newbie Question - log file location

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10/07/2008, Z W <mp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  Whenever JMeter runs, it creates a log file which I believe contains
>  the messaging between JMeter and the test target/server.

No, the jmeter log file is for operational messages and errors.

>  Where on the JMeter GUI shows the path to the saved JMeter file location ?

Not applicable, see above.

>  If not, how does one create a JMeter log file that would contain the
>  actual messaging between JMEter and the test target/server
>  For example, I like to capture the actual SMTP messaging or IMAP
>  messaging between JMEter and the test target/server.

JMeter uses the Javamail library for this - I suggest you check the
Sun Javamail documentation to see if there are any properties you can
set to enable logging.

If not, I suggest you use something like Wireshark to capture the
communications.