Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Reid <da...@connect.org.uk> on 2001/11/30 11:51:06 UTC

is batik X-server needed

Hi,
I wonder if you can help me?
I am installing Cocoon2 on a HP-UX system. However, I don't want to run
an X-server on this system. I know batik/FOP requires this.
Is there anyway around this?
Is there a way to not install batik/FOP as part of cocoon2?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

many thanks

David Reid

Re: is batik X-server needed

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Friday 30 November 2001 11:51, David Reid wrote:
> I am installing Cocoon2 on a HP-UX system. However, I don't want to run
> an X-server on this system. I know batik/FOP requires this.

>From this search on the the cocoon-users mailing list
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&w=2&r=1&s=batik+awt&q=b

it appears that the PJA library might help (http://www.eteks.com/pja/en)

If you try it I'd be interested in the results!

--
 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++

Re: is batik X-server needed

Posted by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu>.
It is only necessary if you will be doing a lot of graphical work with FOP,
which uses Batik as the image library. In the installation page
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html) there are instructions
for installing Cocoon with an alternative AWT that does not use X.

Scroll down to the ³Linux/Headless/Batik² section under Tomcat 4.0 for the
details

HTH
Carlos

Re: is batik X-server needed