Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2017/07/10 08:17:10 UTC

Progress on Maven?

Hi,

Reporting back from my recreational 2-week break. Just in the process on picking up the ball again … I remember some email about progress on the maven distribution. What’s the status of this? Otherwise I would start work on the distribution assembly.

Chris

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Sorry about that:   https://paste.apache.org/p/GI0n
— Dale

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Dale,

Von: Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>
Antworten an: "dev@edgent.apache.org" <de...@edgent.apache.org>
Datum: Montag, 10. Juli 2017 um 17:20
An: "dev@edgent.apache.org" <de...@edgent.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Progress on Maven?

needed

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Welcome back!

I’ll recap my thinking on binary release *bundles* shortly but attached is a script that I created to pull down / copy out all of the Edgent binary artifacts from maven-central or a local repo.  The idea I had was that this was the only file a user would need to get/run in order to get all convenience binary artifacts needed to construct a bundle tgz should they want/need to.
Your thoughts on it?

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ups … that’s already done and finished … at least in the PR :-)

I didn’t like the old names as they only confused me…

Chris

Am 11.07.17, 16:41 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dm...@gmail.com>:

    Regarding the table and web socket connector, unless there’s discussion needed, always welcome, please rename the generated artifacts as indicated.  Thanks!

    — Dale

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Sounds good for me :-)

I just added "the works" for the sake of completeness. If we had an ASF Jenkins build doing the full thing, I guess a Travis build just doing the j8 build + unit-tests + integration-tests that would be enough and should be below the 4mb limit.

Chris

Von: Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>
Datum: 11.07.17 21:43 (GMT+01:00)
An: dev@edgent.apache.org

No idea from me.  Any way to reduce the mvn output verbosity?

Assuming that we setup Jenkins for nightly/snapshots and that does full j8/j7/android building/testing,
I’m content to reduce what’s being done in travis for PR validation.
e.g., toss android build&test, toss j7 test, toss j7 build if also necessary.
How’s that sound to you?

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hmpf …

seems I can’t build all on Travis as the job is killed after 4MB, which seems to be something about half way through the build … any Idea how to extend that limit?

Chris

Am 11.07.17, 16:44 schrieb "Dale LaBossiere" <dm...@gmail.com>:

    I’ll check the updates, pull down the latest, etc.  Thanks!
    — Dale

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Progress on Maven?

Re: Progress on Maven?

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Progress on Maven?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Guys,

As I had a little thinking-time here, I implemented a first version of a distribution module.
You need to enable the “distribution” profile to build it with the rest (I thought probably not everyone wants the distribution built on every build).
Right now, it produces a zip, tar.gz and tar.bz2 archive.

I haven’t included the console, examples etc. as I didn’t know if we want to keep the examples in the repo.

Chris