Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Saksham Srivastava <sa...@citrix.com> on 2013/05/09 10:36:51 UTC

Fix for CLOUDSTACK-2277

Hi Mice ,

I just saw your commit for
So  I recently picked this bug, marked it  as "in progress" as I was
working on it and was about to submit the patch for the same, but then I
saw that you already fixed it :)

A quick comment :
The fix makes sure that if vm-tools are not running on the vm,
add/remove nic fails.
What I have observed is that if vm-tools are not running, a reboot of
the vm will actually show up the added NIC. IMO we should allow the api
to pass, but provide a log message that reboot of vm will be required
for added NIC to show up, rather than completely failing the api.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks,
Saksham

Re: Fix for CLOUDSTACK-2277

Posted by Mice Xia <we...@gmail.com>.
I agree with you, provide message to user for adding case

Regards
Mice

Re: Fix for CLOUDSTACK-2277

Posted by Saksham Srivastava <sa...@citrix.com>.