Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Beharry, Allan D" <Al...@CSE-CST.GC.CA> on 2015/07/14 16:49:57 UTC

promoting flow configuration file from one environment to the other

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Hello,

I am running Nifi on one environment and would like to be able to take that flow.xml.gz and put it in a different environment (e.g. from staging to production).  Problem is that currently we have processors that have configurations that are environment specific.  As an example, we could use the InvokeHTTP processor and the remote URL property is specific to the environment.  This means that if I take the flow.xml.gz from one environment to the other, I have to manually go in and change the remote URL property.  This is less than ideal.

I would like to minimize the amount of manual work required in moving a flow configuration from one environment to the next.

How would I achieve this?

Thanks,
Allan